Now that we're well into spring and looking forward to summer, people may be more mindful about their fitness regimens in the warm weather. A Seattle yoga class may sound appealing, particularly because of this physical activity's reputation as a great source of stress relief.
Instructor Isabelle Casey shared some etiquette tips with The Seattle Times that newbies may find useful.
- In order to be considerate of hygiene, bring your own water and towel so you don't have to rent studio equipment.
- "You could try yoga socks that help prevent slipping, but practicing barefoot is highly encouraged," Casey told the newspaper.
- For maximum comfort while posing, wear clothes that do not have zippers, buttons or pockets on the back or abdomen. Clothing material should be able to breathe comfortably.
- Out of consideration for your fellow students, go easy on the perfume or cologne.
- Be respectful of other students' meditation by not talking too much.
- Listen carefully to your instructor.
- As a matter of safety and respect, arrive on time for warm-ups.
Follow these tips, and you will maximize the Dahn Yoga benefits!